RF Explorer Handheld, RF Signal Generator (RFE6GEN)
The RF Explorer Signal Generator (RFE6Gen) is a powerful, wideband, fully programmable RF signal generator. It is the perfect companion for the RF Explorer Spectrum Analyzer product line.
As a standalone unit, the RFE6Gen can generate CW (continuous wave) and sweep signals by selecting the desired menu options. When connected to a PC, it can be fully programmed with the RF Explorer for Windows software tool. Furthermore, the unit can work as a powerful tracking generator when used with an RF Explorer spectrum analyzer connected to the same PC. This combination offers full SNA (scalar network analyzer) capabilities — which allows characterization of filters, amplifiers and any 2-port RF device.
At a cost of only $189 USD the RFE6Gen easily becomes one of the more valuable instruments in your tool box.
- Pocket size and light weight.
- Solid aluminum metal case.
- Lifetime free firmware upgrades available, open to community requested features.
- High capacity Lithium-ion polymer internal battery for 16hs+ of continuous run, rechargeable by USB.
- Can interface to Windows PC running the RF Explorer for Windows software tool.
- Can be extended with internal expansion modules — which allows for future band support and functionality.
- Wide band support — from 24 – 6000 MHz
- Frequency range supported: 24 to 6000 MHz
- Frequency step/resolution: 1KHz
- Frequency stability: 0.5 ppm
- Temperature compensated: 0 – 45C
- Backlight for great indoor visibility
- Standard SMA 50 OHM connector
- Programmable Amplitude with included internal programmable attenuator:
- -40 dBm to -30 dBm in 3 dB steps
- -10 dBm to 0 dBm in 3 dB steps
- Amplitude accuracy: +-0.5 dB (normalized) or +-3 dB (absolute)
- Switch measurement point speed < 10 ms
- Graphics LCD: 128×64 pixels for great visibility outdoors
- PC Windows software supports Windows XP/Vista/Win7 — both 32 and 64-bit
- Functional Modes:
- CW signal generator at any frequency in the supported range
- Tracking generator functionality — when combined with an RF Explorer spectrum analyzer connected to the same PC
- Sweep generator between any, two frequencies within the supported range — includes selectable step-size and sweep speed
- Expansion port for future enhancements (e.g. higher output power modes, additional frequency bands)
- Size: 113 x 70 x 25 mm