RF Explorer -- Handheld RF Spectrum Analyzer
RF Explorer is a new series of low-cost, portable, RF spectrum analyzers, designed by ARocholl and the RF Explorer team, and which are available in a variety of frequency ranges. Nuts About Nets has been developing diagnostic tools for troubleshooting wireless networks since 2006 and when RF Explorer was first introduced to us we were extremely impressed. The price-performance of these RF spectrum analyzers is truly remarkable and is the best, by far, on the market -- nothing else comes close. These RF analyzers operate both standalone as handheld devices, plus they interface via USB cable to a PC running more sophisticated data acquisition and analysis software. Prices for these RF spectrum analyzers (including PC software) begin at $119 USD -- which is unheard of in the RF test instrument industry.
The RF Explorer series of analyzers re-defines the handheld, portable RF spectrum analyzer. The unit is small and light-weight, yet offers performance and features comparable to larger, more expensive devices.
Whereas once the use of RF spectrum analyzers were limited to companies/organizations that could afford their high price tag, the low cost of the RF Explorer now offers every engineer, technician, and savvy hobbyist the opportunity to own an RF spectrum analyzer.
From the RF Explorer team in Spain:
"With so many different RF application fields, budget ranges and specific needs, it is an art to design the best possible match for everyone's needs with best quality and limited cost. We are delighted to offer a broad product range of tools, adjusted over more than 10 years of team dedicated R&D, careful listening to customer needs and feedback, and strong research on the latest technologies."
Below we list examples of the "PLUS SLIM" and "Standard" models. For the most up-to-date listing of models and specifications please visit the official RF Explorer site.
- Pocket size and light weight.
- Solid aluminum metal case.
- Graphics LCD 128x64 pixels, great visibility outdoors.
- Spectrum Analyzer mode with Peak Max and Hold, Normal, Overwrite and Averaging modes.
- Lifetime free firmware upgrades available, open to community requested features.
- High capacity Lithium-ion polymer internal battery for 16hs+ of continuous run, rechargeable by USB.
- Can interface to Windows and MacOS laptops, and Android devices running data acquisition and analysis software.
- Wide band coverage includes: all popular sub-1Ghz ISM bands, 2.4x GHz ISM band (Wi-Fi, bluetooth, Zigbee), 5.x GHz ISM band (Wi-Fi) -- with maximum frequency reaching to 6100 MHz.
Price Comparison Of RF Explorer Models
Below are the manufacturer's recommended retail prices (MSRP). The RF Explorer brand is available online from a world-wide network of distributors.